Thursday, April 21, 2011

Debt, Debt, Debt!!!!!!!



Fortunately I am not one of the many students that will have a student loan debt after I graduate. I think that it is crazy that student loan debt have passed the credit card debts. In a recent news story I saw it says that President Obama and his wife both owed over $60,000 of student loan debt. That is a lot of money. But I believe that in the long run it all pays off because we have a better education and have good jobs.

I believe that all of us should start an account for our children when they are born  to start saving up for their college education so they wont have to owe a lot of money after they graduate. We should all be smart enough and not have them go through everything that Americans are going through right now.

4 comments:

  1. I too do not have student loans and am very fortunate. Student debt exceeding credit card debt is a crazy thing. Making sure our children do not go through the same thing should be an important task going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone, including myself, keeps refering to Obama and his wife's 60,000 dollar student loan debt. Is it just me, or does going 60G's deep seem worth it to become President of The United States. Just food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had to take out student loans, but fortunately, I have only had to take them out for my last two years of college. I also agree with TheDude,I would go into debt $60.000.00 if I had the assurance that I would atleast be able to pay the student loans off. The issue many of us students face today is that we are not sure if we will ever be able to pay our student loans off. Now that is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with Samarias Mommie. There are many people out there who are not sure whether it is worth to in-debt themselves for education because they are not sure whether in the long run it will work out. It happens. There are people out there who have gotten their degrees and haven't really been able to do much with it.

    ReplyDelete